Learning Circles are the backbone to The Gathering Place. This is what makes The Gathering Place unlike other websites. Rather than simply absorbing content, The Gathering Place offers opportunities for you to discuss, wrestle, and contemplate these issues with others in real face-to-face time!
Learning Circles happen in a variety of ways: topical conversations, study groups, or webinars/podcasts for you to participate in live (or watch a recorded version on your own time). Each month we will focus on a different topic, yet all related to areas of youth ministry to equip, enrich, and strengthen your call to ministry.
(click above to see specific schedule of events/resources)
- September–Anabaptist Youth Ministry: Why It Matters
- October–Faith & Politics
- November–Overplayed: The Busy Lives of Youth
- December–Sexual Abuse Prevention
- January–Racism and/in the Church
- February–Equipping & Empowering Volunteers
- March–Short Term Missions: How to do them right
- April–Love is a Verb: Convention 2017
- May–Durable Faith: Creating Faith that Lasts (graduation)